Horizons Engineering provides a complete range of engineering services associated with the construction phase of any project. Their services often begin with construction bidding assistance and follow through to the end of the guarantee period. Horizons Engineering’s construction administration and inspection services reduce technical, scheduling, and financial risks to the owner and contribute to the overall success of the project.
The professionals at Horizons take a hands-on approach to construction services from start to finish, from providing assistance in securing construction bids, bid openings, tabulation and analysis of bids and recommendations regarding the award of contract, to compiling daily records and progress reports and final inspection and preparation of an Operation and Maintenance Manual.
Attention to detail and hands-on construction experience are what make Horizons Engineering the premier engineering firm in northern New England.
Engineering construction services provided by Horizons Engineering include:
- Updating of and modifications to contract documents to adjust to site and project conditions or variations in state or federal requirements
- Completion of formal contract documents for the award of contracts
- Checking detail construction and shop drawings submitted by the contractor
- Reviewing laboratory, shop, and mill test reports of materials and equipment.
- Preparation of drawings and technical material as required to supplement and/or clarify the contract documents
- Review, verification, and approval of requests for payments from contractors.
- Verifying and keeping records of materials used and work accomplished for checking contractors’ monthly estimates
- Verification of change orders
- Determination of “equality” or substitution of materials and equipment
- Provide and maintain construction control lines and grades
- Preparation of documents for federal, state, and other grant or loan programs, including monthly reimbursement requests
- Preparation of certificate of substantial completion and contract completion
- Supervision of initial start-up and operation and for services during the warranty period and preparation of the Project Performance Certification
- Preparation of record drawings of the work as constructed